FESTIVAL of new digital art of all kinds, from web-based art, generative art, GIF to augmented reality, VR, AI, 3D modeling, neural network art.
My new web-narrative, Drift, is now part of CYFEST (CYBERFEST) – 13. CHECK IT OUT!
The above image is of the new Empire Outlets Mall on the North Shore in St. George, Staten Island. The North Shore is the setting for Drift.
CHAOS AND COSMOS, Cyfest-13 Theme
Today, fundamental changes are taking place on our planet, and our entire lifestyle is being re-examined. We’re seeing other forms of life existing in what feels like a parallel universe – which we used not pay such close attention to – now invade our lives. Such inalienable rights as freedom of movement, meeting friends, socializing, and saying our last farewells have suddenly become impossible. The pandemic caught us unaware. Like in Noah’s Ark, we are locked up with our families and pets, or on our own as we move towards a new technogenic life. Virtual reality has suddenly crept into our lives and is asserting its rights. Social networks are becoming the only form of contact with the outside world, with friends and family. If personal QR-codes contain all the information about a person, including biological data, then where will the boundary of state interference in our private lives be? Perhaps, this crucible of changes will change society and our everyday reality drastically, help us to shed the unnecessary and superficial things in life, and to gain a better understanding of ourselves and the people around us.
–theme description from the Cyfest/Cyland site
- Francesca Fini (Italy), /S)CONFINAMENTO — first chapter, 2020
- Cecilia Dougherty (USA), Drift, 2020
- Aristarkh Chernyshev (Russia), Dystopia #02, 2018
- Ellen K. Levy (USA), Crying Astronaut, 2019
- Arina Slobodianik (Russia), Isolation / Urban / Zone, 2020
- Hayashi Yuki (Japan), Cells and Glass, 2020
- Mikhail Zheleznikov (Russia), Souvenir from America, 2020
- Guilherme Bergamini (Brazil), Plenitude / Entirety, 2020
- Olga Kisseleva (France), Conquistadors, 2018
- Jonathan Phanhsay-Chamson (France), 1000 dreams: Zenti the invincible, 2019
- Andréa Stanislav (USA), Zero Gravity — Nostalgia for Earth, 2020
- Fay Heady (Japan), Otaku Boi, 2019
- Phyllis Baldino (USA), Run the gamut, 2020
- Terry Trickett (UK), Passeggiata, 2019
- Prantik Basu (India), Palace of Colours, 2019
- TONOPTIK (Yuriy Tolstoguzov, Alex Inkov) (Russia), Zen, 2019
- Boris Shershenkov (Russia), Etheroforming, 2020
MORE NEWS ON THIS COMING UP AS THE FESTIVAL SHAPES UP.